Sunday, January 25, 2009

This is my first ever blog, about my first ever engagement. I have A LOT to learn. I assumed that all I had to do was buy a ring, propose, pick a date, and it was all done. I was W R O N G! The minute I bought the ring and showed it to everyone, they all wanted to know "What are the bands going to look like?" I had no clue I had to buy an engagement ring based on how we want the wedding bands to look. What guy knows that stuff before the little kid with the pillow brings his ring to him.

Anyway, that was just the first question. There were MANY MANY more once I told everyone I had to propose immediately. "How are you going to do it?", "Have you thought about a wedding date?", "Is she gonna say YES?" I can't handle all the stress already, and I hadn't even proposed at this point. BTW... she said YES.

I don't really want to tell the story about how I proposed because I've either told it, or heard it, a gazillion times. Whatever she says, I did not get down on one knee, and I was not sweet or romantic. I have an image to uphold.

We're currently trying to plan this "small" wedding, and have gotten absolutely nowhere so far. It's only been a few days, and all we know is we want a beach wedding. Apparently small beach weddings are just as difficult to plan as a presidential inauguration bash.

I'll keep everyone updated on the planning as we go along.

6 comments:

  1. This is such a fun blog, Dan!! I look forward to following reading all of your exciting posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The good news is the next however many months will blow right by. It'll be a blur and you'll thank God it is over. Until then, consider this your initiation "hell week" (only the week is about five months long).

    And keep up this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And Meg says "Say Dan I said 'hey too, and that I read the blog'." So there you go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a lie!! The proposal was original, sweet, and very DAN MOULDER(ish). I can't wait hear what you think as the planning process takes off! It will be fun and you should enjoy it because it only happens once...hopefully!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Congratulations, I didn't know! This is a great, manly blog you have going here. Good luck! (this is katie hartzog, btw- I can't ever figure out how to leave my name on these comments...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are gay and I am going to make fun of you throughout this whole blogging experience. I can't wait!!!!

    ReplyDelete