Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Proof Read

Since I am considering this blog as my public service to those men out there thinking about getting hitched, I'm going to let men AND women in on a little secret that everyone should know. PROOF READ EVERYTHING... TWICE!!!!

Our wedding programs came in today, and I was going to be the nice fiance and help fold them. Assuming the 15 people we showed the draft to never alerted us of any errors, and after our own careful inspection, we assumed everything was just dandy and started folding away. As I was on about my third or fourth program, I noticed a small, maybe even unnoticeable typo. This tiny little error made me check the rest of the program. Robert Chapman would have messed his pants. It's almost like Saranne wrote these programs via her blackberry... after a few bottles of Claire's wine.

Needless to say, I'm not folding programs tonight.

I had my bachelor party a few weekends ago. Most of my groomsmen and I went to Memphis for a night. I think. Actually, it was a pretty chill trip. I did notice that everytime I go on a road trip out of state, it's always easier to pretend you went to Ole Miss. Drunk folks on Beale St don't really know the tune to "DO IT LIKE A CHOCTAW". DO IT!

The most interesting part of the evening to me was that the last men left standing were all the married guys. The single ones all bailed at some point. I can't say exactly how the night ended, but Robert ended up Steppin It Up in a moonwalk battle against a frat boy. Robert won. Frat boy had no skills. Terrell thought his basketball slam dunk dance and making it rain was a crowd favorite... and I choose to forget what Dillard did. JK

Had a shower last weekend. I should get married more often. I didn't know I could have 2 birthdays in one month (May 26th, by the way). I was so excited about all of my gift cards until my beautiful bride-to-be politely reminded me that my Home Depot gift cards get to go towards our FLOWER BED! Fan-friggin-tastic!!!

Anyway, I have 9.3 more days of singledom left. Hawaii better be worth all this.

No comments:

Post a Comment